Most of the people we’ve helped get into recovery say that the most difficult step was making the first phone call. When you contact us, you’ll be speaking with a real human being that genuinely understands and empathizes with what you are going through. You don’t have to hit rock bottom to get help. Whether it’s repairing your relationships, getting your job back, or living a more personally rewarding life—we can help!
The first and potentially the most important step is getting in contact with our admissions team. Although you can chat or send a message, the easiest and most effective way of getting immediate attention is to call Northpoint Nebraska at 402.698.3475—it’s free and confidential.
What to Expect from the Rehab Admissions Process
When you call, our admissions representatives will:
- Try to get a better understanding of your substance use history, living and work situation, support network, and what brought you to the point of getting in contact with us
- Conduct a medical pre-screening to ensure we’re able to provide adequate treatment
- Answer any questions you may have about treatment options
- Discuss payment options and verify your insurance coverage to see if your insurance provider will cover your treatment costs
- Schedule an admission date
The Intake Process
When you arrive at Northpoint Nebraska, you’ll be greeted by your admissions representative who will help you to fill out the necessary paperwork, answer any last-minute questions, and get you prepared to meet with our clinical staff.
Everyone’s belongings are checked for any forbidden items such as illicit substances and weapons. The rehab admissions process is designed to ensure that everyone at the treatment facility is safe and that the patient has a successful recovery process.
Once complete, our doctors and nurses will conduct a full medical and psychological assessment to better understand your unique emotional, medical, and social needs. The information collected during intake is used to help us create a personalized treatment plan that best addresses your needs.
Once the comprehensive intake evaluation is complete, our staff will help you get oriented with the facility. You’ll be shown your room where you’ll reside for the duration of your stay and given a tour of the facility.
You’ll be given an outline of the personalized treatment plan and we’ll go over what to expect throughout the duration of your stay.
Paying For Treatment
We work with most insurance providers in the U.S. to offer the best possible coverage and minimize your out-of-pocket expenses. To find out if your insurance provider will cover your treatment costs with us, verify your insurance today.
What to Bring
- A photo ID, like a driver’s license, passport, or work ID
- A list of all medications, dosages, and any known allergies to medications
- Medical insurance cards
- Exercise clothes and shoes
- A maximum of two suitcases worth of comfortable clothing and shoes for one week. Laundry facilities and supplies are available for patient use
- Alcohol-free toiletries including shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, and deodorant